The 2020 Civic Election has been postponed. Any ballots cast on November 9th remain valid and will be counted. Another final opportunity to vote will take place this Friday November 13th from 9AM to 8PM for any eligible voter who has yet to cast a ballot in this election.
These decisions were made independently by the Elections Returning Officer with guidance and approval from the Provincial ministry of Government Relations whose permission is required for any changes to elections process in municipalities.
Thank you for your commitment to participating in this decision about the future of our community. If we can help you with any information or access to polls on Friday, please be in touch: 306.291.7652
Voting on Friday November 13th - 9:00AM - 8:00PM
Voting will take place at 5 polling locations, and anyone can vote at any of the locations.
- Cosmo Civic Centre
- Shaw Centre
- City Hall (Committee Room E)
- Lawson Civic Centre
- Lakewood Civic Centre
- Prairieland Park
If you have any questions or would like help getting to the polling station to vote, be in touch: [email protected] or 306.291.7652
Each eligible elector can vote once for Mayor and once for their Ward Councillor. The same ballot is used for both. You will also have the opportunity to vote for school board trustee for the public or separate division.
Check out the information here, and on the City of Saskatoon’s Voting page.
1. Government Issued photo ID with your current address on it, or a combination of eligible identification.
2. A mask
3. A pen (optional)
Mail in Ballots:
Mail-in ballots will be received by the election office until 8:00 PM on Friday, November 13th.
They can be dropped off :
Tues/Wed/Thurs: Election Office (226 Cardinal Crescent) - 24 hrs/day
Tues/Wed/Thurs: City Hall drop box - 24 hrs/day
Friday November 13th: Any Polling Place (see above) 8am - 9pm
Friday November 13th: City Hall until 5pm
Friday November 13th: Elections Office (226 Cardinal Crescent) until 8pm
More information is available on the city's website: https://www.saskatoon.ca/election-2020/information-voters/mail-ballot-application.
If you received a mail-in ballot but would prefer to vote in person instead that remains an option - simply tear it up and go to a polling place on Friday.
You may vote once in the civic election if:
- are a Canadian citizen
- are at least 18 years old
- have resided in the Province of Saskatchewan for at least six consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day and
- have resided in the City of Saskatoon, or on land now in the city, for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day OR
- are the owner of assessable land in the City of Saskatoon, or on land now situated in the city, for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day